Dear Contenders, get the complete information of Andhra Pradesh Grama / Ward Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary syllabus and exam pattern 2020 below for your preparation. Check the AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary syllabus and other details for each vacancy along with exam date, exam center, admit card, selection process and exam fee etc. Furthermore, details and updates of Ward Amenities Secretary (Grade II) through official web page or our below page.
AP Grama Ward Amenities Secretary Syllabus
To fulfill the 371 vacancies of Ward Amenities Secretary Grade II the Andhra Pradesh Grama / Ward Sachivalayam has planned and released the official notification through the official page. Before start prepare for the exam, check the syllabus and exam pattern of recruitment 2020. Please find the vacancy details of Trade/Discipline wise below and plan accordingly for your preparation.
When make use of the syllabus, candidates can improve their confidence level step by step and will cover the preparation each topic wise as mentioned above before planned date of completion.
A candidate should possess the academic qualifications and experience including practical experience prescribed, if any, for the post on the date of the notification.
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualifications|
|Ward Amenities Secretary (Grade-II)||Polytechnic Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering and above|
Post of WARD AMENITIES SECRETARY (GRADE-II) 2020 – Selection Process
- The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts shall be based on the merit in the OMR based written examination, to be held as per the scheme of examination
- The minimum qualifying marks to the candidates of various categories, will be decided basing on the need.
- Where the candidates get equal number of marks in the OMR based written examination if two or more candidates get equal total number of marks, those candidates shall be bracketed. Candidates within the same bracket shall then be ranked 1, 2, 3 etc., according to age i.e., oldest being considered for admission
- The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate medical classification
- In the event of a candidate getting selected to a post, he/she should stay/reside in the village where he/she is posted
- Answer key would be published on the website and marks of each candidate are also displayed on website. No separate memorandum of marks would be issued
Post of WARD AMENITIES SECRETARY (GRADE-II) 2020 – Exam Pattern
|Written examination||No., of questions||Duration (minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|Part- A: General Studies & Mental Ability||50||50||50|
|Part– B: Subject paper||100||100||100|
Note: – For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
Syllabus for AP Grama Ward Amenities Secretary Post
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- General Mental ability and reasoning.
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
- General English.
- Current affairs of regional, national and International importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary development in science and Technology and information Technology.
- History & Culture of India with specific focus on AP.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments, public policy, reforms ad center – state relations with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Society, Social justice, rights issues.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
Strength of Materials
- Simple stresses and strains for ductile materials
- Mechanical properties of materials
- Hooke’s law-lateral strain Poisson’s ratio
- Elastic constants and the relations between them-Composite sections-Resilience
- Strain energy-Gradual and sudden loading
- Shear force and Bending moment Diagrams for cantilever, Simply supported, fixed, continuous and overhanging beams subjected to point loads and UDL
- Theory of simple bending-assumptions
- Bending equation-bending stress-section modulus
- Shear stress distribution across various sections like rectangular, circular and I-sections
- Torsion-solid and hollow circular shafts
- Statics, Resolution of force
- Equilibrium of forces,
- Parallelogram law of forces, triangle law of forces, polygon law of forces and Lami‘s theorem
- Drawing the free body diagram
- Centre of Gravity, Centre of Mass and centroid
- Centroid of square, rectangle, triangle, semi-circle and trapezium
- Centre of gravity of composite sections by analytical method `only (T, L, I-section and channel section)
- Moment of Inertia, Theorems of Moment of Inertia i) Parallel axes ii) Perpendicular axes theorem
- Moment of Inertia for simple Geometrical Sections, Rectangular, circular and triangular section
- Calculation of Moment of Inertia & Radius of Gyration of I, T, L, Channel Section, Built up Sections
- Properties, Ideal and Real fluids, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids
- Compressible and incompressible fluids, Units, Fluid properties
- Intensity of pressure, Pascal‘s law, Atmospheric, Vacuum, Gauge and absolute pressures
- Measurement of pressures by piazza-meter, U-Tube – manometer,
- Differential manometer bourdon pressure gauge, buoyancy, Flow of Liquids
- Types of fluid flow- Steady and unsteady flow, Uniform and Non-uniform flow
- Two &Three dimensional flow, Rotational & irrational flow
- Laminar & Turbulent flow, Reynolds’s Number
- Pressure, potential and kinetic energy of liquids, total energy
- Continuity equation for one-dimensional flow
- Laws of conservation- Mass, Energy and Momentum, Velocity of liquids and discharge
- Bernoulli‘s equation, Applications Venturimeters, pitot-tube, current meters
- Flow through pipes, Various losses when liquid flows through pipes, Laws of fluid friction
- The equations for loss of head in pipes due to friction, Minor losses in pipe flow
- Hydraulic gradient and total energy line for different pipes
- Pipes in series(Compound pipe) and equivalent pipe, Impact of jets
- Force of jet striking at the centre and at the top of a fixed curved blade and moving curved blade
- Velocity triangles, Work done, power and efficiency
- Function of a pump, Principle of operation of a reciprocating pump
- Single acting, double acting pumps
- Effect of velocity and acceleration of fluids in suction and delivery pipes
- Working principle & Constructional details of centrifugal pump
- Comparison between Reciprocating and Centrifugal pumps
- Priming of centrifugal pump and its necessary leakages of air its prevention
- Work done by the impeller, Static head, Manometric head
- Efficiencies-Manometric, Volumetric, Mechanical and Overall efficiency
- Cavitation and its effect
- Working principle of Jet & Submersible pumps
- Construction of polygon: Construction of any regular polygon of given side using general method
- Conical Curves: Ellipse, Parabola, Hyperbola, Eccentricity of above curves
- Construction of ellipse by concentric circles method
- Construction of parabola by rectangle method
- Construction of rectangular hyperbola
- Projection of points and Lines, projection of planes, projection of solids, Auxiliary views
Reinforced Concrete Structures:
- Grades of concrete, characteristic strength, modulus of elasticity
- I.S. 456 -2000-Philosophy of limit state design
- Limit state of strength and serviceability
- Partial safety factor-design strength of materials and design loads – assumptions
- Analysis and limit state design of rectangular beams singly, doubly reinforced and T-beams
- Shear in RCC beams, lintels and sunshades- development length
- Slabs analysis & limit state design of one, two way slabs as per IS 456-2000 Torsion reinforcement
- Design of continuous slabs and beams Deflection check for slabs and beams
- Detailing of reinforcement in singly and double reinforced simply supported beams of rectangular sections, lintels
- One way and two way slabs
- Columns: Codal provisions of I.S 456 2000 short and long columns
- Different shapes design of short columns by limit state method
- Long columns concept, effective length for different end conditions
- Footings-isolated column footings – one way shear and two way shear
- Stairs-types, loads on stairs
- Chain surveying – purpose and principle -errors and corrections
- Different operations in chain surveying – obstacles – methods of calculation of area
- Compass surveying – purpose and principle – bearings – traversing using prismatic compass
- Local attraction – errors – Levelling – definitions – component parts – errors
- Classification of levelling – contouring – characteristics and methods
- Theodolite – principles and component parts – fundamental lines and relationship among them
- Adjustments of theodolite – measurement of horizontal and vertical angles -errors
- Traverse computations – bowditoh and transit rule
- Tachometry principle – stadia tachometry
- Tangential tachometry, principle and uses of E.D.M.
- Electronic Theodolite, total station
- Global positioning system – Importance
- G.I.S -use and applications in Civil Engineering
- Working and operations of lathe, Drilling, shaper, slotter, planner, milling machines
- Capstan and turret lathes – copying lathes – surface finishing operations
- Honing, lapping, super finishing, electro plating, metal spraying
- Equipment used in arc and gas welding. modern welding methods
- Submerged arc, atomic, hydrogen, CO2, and ultrasonic welding
- Forging processes and tools – cold and hot working processes
- Pattern types – types of moulding sand and their properties
- Defects in casting and welding