Here get the complete information of AP Grama Sachivalayam Village Sericulture Assistant syllabus and exam pattern 2020 below for examiners preparation. Check the AP Village Sericulture Assistant VSA syllabus and other details for each vacancy along with exam date, exam center, admit card, selection process and exam fee etc. Furthermore, details and updates of Village Sericulture Assistant through official web page or below page.
Post of AP Grama Village Sericulture Assistant VSA Syllabus Pdf
To fulfill the 43 vacancies of Village Sericulture Assistant, the ANDHRA PRADESH GRAMA/WARD SACHIVALAYAM has planned and released the official notification through the official page. Before start prepare for the exam, check the syllabus and exam pattern of Village Sericulture Assistant recruitment 2020. Please find the vacancy details of Trade/Discipline wise below and plan accordingly for your preparation.
|Name of the District||No. of Vacancies|
|YSR District Kadapa||1|
When make use of the syllabus, candidates can improve their confidence level step by step and will cover the preparation each topic wise as mentioned above before planned date of completion.
Syllabus for AP Grama VSA Post
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- General Mental ability and reasoning.
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
- Comprehension – Telugu & English.
- General English.
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
- Current affairs of regional, national and International importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary development in science and Technology and information Technology.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection.
- History of Sericulture: Introduction Histo Silk Road
- Morphology and Taxonomy of Mulberry: Introduction, Distribution of Mulberry, Mulberry varieties (G4), systematic position, morphology and Taxonomy of mulberry.
- Non-mulberry food plants: Tasar, Eri, Muga
- Soils and Preparation of land: Introduction types of soils and properties, Suitable soils for Mulberry, soil PH and reclamation, selection of land, land preparation, soil erosion, Soil texture, Soil humus, soil moisture and conservation methods. Mechanization in mulberrycultiyation.
- Mulberry planting methods: Introduction – Introduction, selection of mulberry varieties, planting (Tree plantation) methods, sexual and asexual propagation.
- Mulberry Cultivation: Introduction, Cultural Practices, garden implements, weeds and inter-cultivation, pruning and training, importance of water shed, methods of irrigation, detailed study of Drip irrigation.
- Manures & Fertilizer: Introduction, organic manures, types of fertilizers, application methods and schedules, detailed study of Vermi- compost.
- Nutritive values of Mulberry leaf: Introduction, Bye products of Mulberry, Medicinal and other use of mulberry, Contents of mulberry leaf.
- Non- Mulberry Silk Worms: Introduction, Distribution, salient features of non-mulberry silkworms
- Rearing House: Introduction, Site selection and types of rearing houses
- Rearing Equipment: Introduction, Equipment and uses, Mechanization for large scale Sericulture
- Preparation for Rearing: Introduction, cleaning, preparation disinfection, disinfectants and disinfection methods, maintenance hygienic conditions during rearing and record maintenance.
- Environmental Conditions and Management: Introduction, Temperature, humidity, air, light, Management of environmental conditions and various devices used
- Economics of Silkworm rearing: Introduction, equipment required for 300 DFL’s shoot rearing and its economics, Economics of (CRC) Chawki Rearing Centers. By products of silkworm rearing and their utilization.
- Entrepreneurship Development (EDP): Introduction, Scope for Self-employment in Sericulture and Govt. Schemes for financial assistance
- EDP in Sericulture: Introduction, EDP in Mulberry Nursery, CRC’S, Grain age and Silk reeling and few success stories in sericulture
- Hatching and Brushing: Introduction, incubation of eggs, blue egg and black boxing, hatching and hatching percentage, methods of brushing, Methods of leaf harvesting, transportation and preservation
- Chawki Rearing: Introduction, Chawki rearing methods, quality of mulberry leaf, leaf selection, feeding schedules, bed cleaning, spacing, moulting, Artificial diet
- Late age Rearing: Introduction, late age rearing methods (shoot rearing), quality of mulberry leaf, leaf selection, feeding schedules, bed cleaning, spacing and moulting.
- Spinning and Mounting: Introduction, ripening of worms, process of spinning, mounting, types of mountages, environmental conditions, care during mounting, cocoon harvesting, transport. Bye products of Rearing and value addition
- Effective Rate of Rearing ( E.R.R.): Introduction, calculation of E.R.R. by weight, calculation of E.R.R. by number, calculation of L.C.R.(Leaf Cocoon Ratio)
- Bivoltine Rearing Technology: Introduction, Modern concepts, bivoltine breeds/hybrids, rearing aspects and advantages of bivoltine Rearing
- Silkworm Anatomy: Introduction, Silk glands, digestive system, reproductive system of moths
- Silkworm Diseases and Pest management: Introduction, protozoan, bacterial, viral, and fungal diseases and management. Major and minor pests and management, Integrated Disease and Pest Management IDPM
- Seri Bio-Technology: Introduction Basics of Plant and Silkworm Biotechnology Importance of breeding in Mulberry and Silkworm, Tissue
- Cytology and anatomy of mulberry: Introduction, Structure of cell, cell organelles Mitosis and meiosis Cell division Genetics, Mendal Laws, Anatomy of leaf, stem and root
- Farm Management: Introduction, Mulberry farming, raising saplings in nursery
- Mulberry Diseases: Introduction, Fungal, Bacterial, Viral diseases and Nutrient diseases and its control and remedial measures
- Mulberry Pests: Introduction, Lepidopteron pests, Jassids, Thrips, Mites, Beetles, Integrated Disease and Pest Management (IDPM)
- Estimation of Leaf Yield: Introduction, methods of estimation in various plant spacing systems
- Raising and maintenance of chawki garden: Introduction, importance and lack age of practices.
- Economics of Mulberry cultivation: Introduction, Economics of Nursery, Rain-fed cultivation, irrigated cultivation, vermi-compost, Economics of 1 acre irrigated and rain-fed Mulberry
- Systematic Position of Bombyx mori: Introduction, Systematic position and classification, types of Silkworms.
- Morphology and life cycle of Bombyx mori: Introduction, study of life stages and cycle, sex differences in larva, pupa and moth, metamorphosis.
- Grain age Operations: Introduction, selection of seed races, procurement, transportation and preservation of seed cocoons, synchronization, moth emergence, sex separation, coupling and decoupling, ovi position.
- Seed Production: Introduction, preparation of laying, Sheet eggs, loose eggs, mother moth examination, and Surface sterilization, assessment of laying and incubation of eggs.
- Acid treatment and hibernation schedules: Introduction, types of eggs, physical and chemical stimulants, types of acid treatment and hibernation schedules of eggs.
- Silk Reeling Industry: Introduction, importance of reeling industry, scope and limitations.
- Cocoon Quality and Cocoon Sorting: Introduction, physical and commercial characters, properties of silk, Principles for assessment, Tactile and Numerical Tests, Good cocoons Defective cocoons model problems
- Cocoon cooking and Brushing: Introduction, Reeling water, cooking and methods of cooking, Brushing and methods of Brushing
- Reeling: Introduction, Reeling apparatus and Machines, Reeling water, re-reeling, Silk Examination, Lacing and skinning, making of skeins, book making and baling, Spun silk making and Non-mulberry cocoon reeling.
- Raw Silk Testing: Introduction, Testing Methods, Parameters, Standard Testing appliances, Conditioning of Raw silk, classification of Raw silk.
- Reeling economics: Introduction, Economics of Charaka, cottage basin and multi-end reeling machines, reeling records and uses.
- Silk Dyeing: Introduction, Types of Dyes, Degumming, methods of dyeing. Bye products of Reeling.
A candidate should possess the academic qualifications and experience including practical experience prescribed, if any, for the post on the date of the notification.
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualifications|
|Village Sericulture Assistant||
AP Village Sericulture Assistant 2020 – Exam Pattern
|Written examination||No., of questions||Duration (minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|Part- A: General Studies and mental ability||50||50||50|
|Part– B: Horticulture||100||100||100|
Note: – For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
- The fee mentioned in the above paragraph is to be paid online using payment gateway using net banking / credit card / debit card. The list of banks providing service for the purpose of online remittance of fee will be available on the website.
- The fee once remitted shall not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances. Failure to pay the examination fee and application fee (in non-exempt case) will entitle total rejection of application.
- IPOs / Demand Drafts are not accepted.
|Category||Application Fee||Examination Fee||Candidates applying for non-local districts (per district)|
|OC||Rs. 200||Rs. 200||Rs. 100|
|SC/ST/BC/PHC/Ex Servicemen||Rs. 200||–||–|